Recently, you must have heard the term digital marketing if you are planning a career. It has become a buzzword in the job industry more than an actual job role. But what is digital marketing? And why should you care?
Well, in the traditional sense, a digital marketer is someone who sells products over the internet to customers. But that is not the real story. Everything you read, see, or hear on the internet recently is related to digital marketing in one way or another. And all online ads make or break a business as it is.
So, in this blog, we will discuss why Digital Marketing is a great career choice for you.
What is Digital Marketing?
We use all the methods and techniques to persuade a customer to buy a product over the internet fall under digital marketing. Like traditional marketing, its primary goal is to attract a customer base and generate leads.
Digital marketing is a multi-faceted concept, which includes various faces like social media, search engines, and emails. And with time, it has evolved and become a lot more complicated. And the importance of this sector has also grown manifold in the last few decades.
Digital marketing is an ever-evolving field. So, the techniques that were effective back ten years might be of no use today. So, as a professional, you’ll use multiple tools, techniques, and know-how to promote businesses to the masses.
What are the career opportunities you can have as a Digital Marketing Professional?
As we mentioned earlier, Digital Marketing is a massive sector with multiple avenues to explore. So, it doesn’t matter if you are a creative person or a technical one. Digital marketing has something for everyone.
So, listed below are some of the job opportunities you can explore as a digital marketing professional.
- Search Engine Optimization: Google gets around 60,000 searches per second daily, where people post their questions and get answers. With the help of SEO, you can drive relevant traffic to your website. And as we all know, more visits translate to more leads and customers.
SEO depends on many factors, including the website’s loading speed, keyword optimization, and many other factors. As an SEO manager, you must identify the reasons behind the website’s poor performance and fix them. And this will help your website to grow and climb the ranks in the google crawler and bring more traffic to it.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media platforms are a treasure trove for Digital Marketing Professionals. For example, Instagram has more than a billion active users across the globe every month. Other social media has millions of them across the globe.
These platforms let marketers go where the traffic is. They communicate with their customers daily and create a thriving community surrounding their products.
For example, GoPro is one of the brands that grew with the help of social media. As Twitter gets more followers, brand recognition and popularity keep on growing. This way, they can stay in touch with their customers and offer a better experience.
Digital marketing professionals are responsible for performing such tasks and managing the social media presence of their organization.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing refers to creating and promoting valuable content for the audience. It helps establish trust in the audience and attract new visitors.
All the content you see online, whether a blog article or a YouTube video, results from content marketing. Brands can help their prospects by solving their real-life problems through high-quality content.
As a digital marketing professional, you will be responsible for planning, creating, and promoting content for different brands. You’ll also have to identify which form of content would be perfect for the company and which platforms would suit it the most.
This role requires creativity and a clear understanding of the brand’s requirements.
- Email Marketing: Companies use email marketing for both outbound and inbound marketing. They release ads in emails to reach customers where they are. And they create email newsletters to turn followers into customers.
As a digital marketing professional, you will be responsible for increasing the number of newsletter signups, creating compelling content for the newsletters, and converting the subscribers into customers.
Emails are still the most powerful tool to date for lead generation. And that is the reason why, for lead generation, organizations depend on email marketing. You will also have to familiarise yourself with email marketing tools like MailChimp.
Why should you choose a career in Digital Marketing?
Digital World is the new frontier that every organization has to explore. And every organization is focussing on creating a digital presence.
And for that reason, all of them are hiring digital marketers. That, in turn, is giving rise to the demand for the job. And that is the reason why so many people are opting for a career in digital marketing.
Other than that, there are a few other benefits as well.
- High Demand: According to Naukri Hiring Trends, in the last year, there has been a vacancy of 59% all across the industries, while only 16% of the demands have been satisfied. And so, there are some great career opportunities for young professionals looking for specific opportunities.
- Excellent Growth Prospects: there are various reasons why the demand for a digital marketing professional will keep growing. The companies will grow their presence in the digital space, and they do not have any other option other than hiring digital marketing professionals.
- Great Pay Packages: As the demand grew, the pay packages grew. And there is no shore in sight where this is going to stop. An experienced digital marketing professional makes more than 5lacks per annum.
- Easy to start a career: all the other career opportunities need a long time to study. Like B.Tech takes more than four years to complete. But in the case of Digital marketing, all you need is nine months with the PWH Foundation, where some field experts will train you. And then it is only a matter of time before you build a portfolio and then a successful career.
- Full Of Variety: Were you using WhatsApp in 2011? or were you using Alexa to control your home back in 2015? The answer would most probably be no.
These examples show how fast the internet changes. It changes every year, and these changes aren’t negligible. They’re the opposite. And digital marketers have to evolve to adapt themselves to new developments every day. So they are always learning new stuff and mastering new techniques. If you’re looking for a field full of novelty and variety, you should go for digital marketing.
So, it can be safely said that Digital Marketing is one of the most popular job opportunities in the modern world. And learning the know-how will open new avenues for you to explore and find you tremendous success. So, study Digital marketing with PWH Foundation, and you will find success.
All the best!